Image Map

10 April 2012

{Craft} How to make a perfect crepe paper rosette



Later this week my little baby boy will be one and so we have started getting ready for this important family milestone.
Since no family lives close by (they're not even in the same country !) we won't be having a big party, just an intimate celebration next week end. Romain will get his first cake and he will have to wear a Birthday hat for the pictures !!! This should be interesting since he hates wearing hats !

Anyway, I decided to make him a paper birthday hat with a rosette, but once I started on the rosette, I realized it was not at all easy to get a perfect one. I though you just had to hot glue a strip of crepe paper on a paper circle but my attempts produced terrible rosettes. They were misshaped, not consistent... There had to be a way !

Look at them ! Awful !!!

And then I found this tutorial from Gabriela Delworth and thanks to it I produced the perfect rosette I have aiming for ! The trick is to sew the paper as you would to make a fabric rosette. It is very quick and anybody can do it, you don't have to be a master at sewing (i certainly am not !)


And the great thing about these is the volume you get from using 3 layers of paper, they look fantastic !


I then simply hot glued a circle of scrapbook paper to cover the centre of the rosette and added a number one in a different paper. I also embossed (embossing is my new addiction) the 1 to make it shine but you can't really see this on the picture.




1 comment :

  1. Hello,

    I am so glad that you enjoyed my tutorial!
    And for letting me know.
    Love the crepe paper rosettes you made for your son.

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...